Grilled Vegetables with Farro
Grain bowls make a quick and healthy dinner that can be customized anyway you love! This recipe utilizes a base of farro, an ancient grain bursting with protein, antioxidants, and a nutty flavor. The rich flavor of farro is brightened by homemade dressing of lemon, garlic, and fresh tarragon before it’s topped with fresh veggies straight from the grill.
- 2 Ears of Corn, shucked
- 1 Medium Zucchini, sliced
- 2 Red Peppers, quartered
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, finely julienned
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Farro
- 4 cups Cold Water
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium stockpot, add farro, water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until grain is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Prepare vegetables and toss with three tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients until emulsified. Set aside.
- On a preheated grill, place vegetables and grill three minutes per side or until desired doneness. Cut kernels off cobs after grilling.
- Toss farro with dressing, adjust seasonings and place on a serving platter. Arrange grilled vegetables and red onion over the top and serve.
Recipe and photo provided by INFRA.