This sweet onion pull-apart cheese bread is the ultimate semi-homemade party snack. Sweet and savory, cheesy and crispy, you’ll have everyone coming back for more. It’s less of a recipe to cook as it is instructions to combine. If you can slice bread and open a jar, you’ll have no trouble creating this delectable, celebratory loaf!
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onion or prepared caramelized onion jam
- 1 sourdough boule
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine cheeses and caramelized onion in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice bread into one-inch-thick slices leaving the base of slices attached at the bottom of the boule. Rotate boule 90º and repeat slicing to form a grid pattern. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the inside slices with melted butter.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into sliced boule and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake boule for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Recipe and photo provided by INFRA.